ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Backroad Diaries project showcases the resilience and ingenuity of rural and Indigenous communities across western Canada. It also highlights the role of co-operatives in supporting these communities.
WHY WE’RE DOING THE PROJECT
The role of co-operatives in rural and Indigenous communities, and the unique story of every small community in western Canada, is important to us and we feel more people should know about these stories.
WHERE WE’RE GOING
In 2018, we are going to 8 communities (2 from each western province). We hope you will be one of them.
HOW WE PLAN ON DISTRIBUTING STORIES
We have hired a talented young person to travel across the western provinces, visit these 8 communities and capture their co-op and community stories through photos, audio, words and video. These stories will be shared on social media sites and hosted on a website.
WHY YOUR COMMUNITY AND CO-OP?
Because they’re awesome, of course! Plus, we think your co-operative would be a great fit for this project and showcases a unique way the co-op model can be used. We want to share your amazing story with others. Contact us with your story today!
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU SAY “YES!”
- We call and set up a day and time to come out.
- We arrange interviews and tours of your community and co-op.
- We collect images and stories (with permission, of course).
- We share the visit and stories on social media.
- We edit a video that you will have an opportunity to view before we distribute.
- We post the video and stories and promote them.